• "If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining..." - M. Moss

Followers

Awesome Pop Music Day
Dipos oleh avid

As of today, I'll be going to Fort Canning Park to see Kasabian and The Vaccines. I'm not really familiar with Kasabian even though they can be considered as 'otai' enough to be unrecognized. I've heard some of their records but none caught my attention, really. So, I am hoping I'll be gobsmacked by their live performance.

I first heard of The Vaccines after listening to the The Clash-esque 'Wrecking Bar Ra Ra Ra' while I was setting up my Virtual Pro settings in Fifa 12. Since then, I've been playing their records in my car every time I'm coming home from work. So, I know my expectation for The Vaccines when they'll be playing tonight.


On Feb 12, a bunch of other indie bands will be performing in Laneway Festival. The line-up bands are awesome. The Drums will be there. Yuck, The Horrors, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart and plenty other musicians I never heard of. The Drums albums are already in my most-played-tracks in the last two months. So, I'll be dancing like a retard this coming Sunday.



I don't know why but lately there's a wave of new indie bands from all over UK to US, reincarnating 80's music from the likes of The Smiths, Joy Division, Dinasour Jr., Sonic Youth to 60's music of The Shang Ri-La or The Ronettes. It's refreshing and the perfect remedies for the disaster in pop music nowadays.

Photo

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

pada 11:00 AM


Labels:
,
,
,
,

1 nyamuk:

February 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Permalink this comment

said...

kau punye taste music mmng awesome!
yea dance like ian curtis..

Popular Posts